Three Members of Kamal Haasan's MNM Jump Ship to BJP
The three leaders were fielded by the party in Lok Sabha elections.
Chennai: Three Lok Sabha candidates fielded by actor-turned-politician Kamal Haasan’s party, Makkal Needhi Maiam, officially joined the BJP on Tuesday.
Rajendran was fielded as MNM’s Arakonnam candidate, Srikarunya contested from Krishnagiri constituency and Ravi fought the Lok Sabha elections from Chidambaram constituency.
“We are a young party and we have so many people. Our party’s strength is our leader, Kamal Haasan, and the belief the youngsters have in our party. We have to introspect why the three party members joined the BJP at the same time. We are not sure if they were unhappy for not given a post within the party,” said a senior party member.
Haasan’s MNM recently appointed 16 party functionaries as state level functionaries of various party wings. Haasan said this was part of his party’s expansion.
He has planned to induct more party posts on November 7 which coincides with his birthday. A three-day event has been to celebrate the veteran actor’s 60 years in Indian cinema.
Haasan roped in political strategist Prashant Kishor earlier this year. However, the party is still undecided on whether to renew its contract with the later.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lata Mangeshkar is 'Much Better' But Still in Hospital
- WhatsApp Insists No Users Have Been Impacted by The Malicious Video Files Threat
- Kriti Kharbanda Confirms Dating Pulkit Samrat, Says Wanted Parents to Know First
- Not Thinking About Revenge against Oman in FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifiers: Sunil Chhetri
- East Bengal Announce Kalyani Stadium as Their Home Venue for I-League 2019-20