New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday hit out at the opposition parties for targeting the Central government and only working to look for mistakes of the government.
He yet again attacked the Congress and blamed them for poverty and lack of development during the previous regime. A day after Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi said his intervention helped the Centre roll back the tax on EPF withdrawals, Modi took a jibe at him saying some people work and others take credit.
Here are the top quotes from Modi's speech:
- When we criticise the Congress, it is reported as - criticism of Opposition, not criticism of Congress. Congress never gets a bad name
- Modi takes a jibe at Rahul Gandhi, says there are two kinds of people in the world, one who work and others who take credit
- Parliament is a Chamber of ideas and it must guide the nation. Coordination between both Houses is essential
- We have focussed on policy-driven governance and given an importance to transparency: PM @narendramodi in the Rajya Sabha
- Decentralisation an aspect of good governance
- Congress is looking for Centre's mistakes through microscope. Had you even used binoculars instead of microscope during your regime, we would not have had to work so much
- We should aim and strive for the income of the farmers to be doubled by 2022
- I am not an economist like Manmohan Singh, that's why I am not that knowledgeable. But I know a few things.
- सफ़र में धूप तो होगी, जो चल सको तो चलो
सभी हैं भीड़ में, तुम भी निकल सको तो चलो
किसी के वासते राहें कहाँ बदलती हैं
तुम अपने आप को खुद ही बदल सको तो चलो
यहाँ किसी को कोई रास्ता नहीं देता
मुझे गिराके अगर तुम संभल सको तो चलो
यही है जिंदगी, कुछ ख़्वाब चंद उम्मीदें
इन्ही खिलौनों से तुम भी बहल सको तो चलो