Assembly Elections 2023 Updates: Addressing a rally in Tripura’s Khowai, Union Minister Amit Shah said that under BJP’s regime, the crime rate in the northeastern state has reduced by thirty per cent.
The saffron party is ramping up its campaign in poll-bound Tripura, with Shah addressing two rallies in the state and a roadshow in capital Agartala on Monday.
TMC chief and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is also visiting the northeastern state on Monday for a two days, along with national general secretary Abhishek Banerjee.
Apart from this, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath are also scheduled to arrive in Tripura on February 7 to hit the party’s election campaign.
Elections to the 60-member Tripura Assembly will be held on February 16. The BJP has put up candidates in 55 seats and has left five seats for its ally IPFT. In the 2018 Assembly election the BJP bagged 36 seats while its ally IPFT secured eight seats
Here are the Latest Updates of Assembly Elections -
- Mamata Banerjee and Abhishek Banerjee are on a two-day visit to Tripura starting Monday. “On Monday they would visit the Mata Tripura Sundari Temple. On Tuesday, they are scheduled to join a road show rally,” said a senior TMC leader, as per Hindustan Times.
- “The whole northeast used to shake with the sound of bomb explosions by extremist organisations. Today, in its place, one can hear railway and airplanes," Home Minister Amit Shah said, at a rally.
- Speaking about the Left Front - Congress alliance for this year’s polls, he alleged that Tipra Motha is also part of this fold, “under the table". “No matter who you vote for (from these three) it would be a communist government," he said.
- Addressing a public rally in Shantirbazar, Tripura, Amit Shah said that the BJP government had provided water to 4 lakh homes in the state. compared to the previous government who provided water to 24,000 homes and hailed the state’s ‘parivartan’.
- Home Minister Amit Shah reached Tripura on Monday. He will address his first rally shortly in South Tripura.
- So far, a total of only six candidates have submitted their nominations so far for the February 27 Nagaland assembly polls, as per PTI. The deadline for nomination submission is Tuesday.
- Mamata Banerjee will hold a roadshow and address a rally in Tripura on Monday. The TMC on Sunday released its manifesto for the Tripura assembly elections, promising 2 lakh new jobs, Rs 1,000 annual stipend for school students in classes 4 to 8 and the same amount per month for unemployed youths, and social welfare schemes on the lines of those in West Bengal.
- Tripura CM Manik Saha conducted a door-to-door campaign in Agartala on Sunday.
Tripura CM Manik Saha conducts door-to-door campaign in Agartala’s Bordovali Assembly constituency ahead of the upcoming assembly elections. (05.02) pic.twitter.com/qwsoZPWJws— ANI (@ANI) February 5, 2023
- Amit Shah will address two election rallies at Khowai in Khowai district and Santirbazar in South Tripura district. The Union Minister will also join a road show in Agartala city on Monday.
- Tripura Chief Minister Manik Saha along with Yuva Morcha state president Nabadal Banik visited Khowai and Santir Bazar on Saturday to review the preparations for the two election rallies to be addressed by the Union Home Minister.
- Security arrangements have been beefed in the capital town in view of the road show to be led by the Union Home Minister, said a senior police officer on Sunday.
- The BJP had posted a stunning victory in Tripura in the 2018 Assembly elections, a Left bastion. It had appointed Biplab Deb as Tripura’s Chief Minister after victory and he was replaced by Manik Saha in May 2022.
- This is Amit Shah’s second visit to the state this year. He earlier visited the state on January 5 and attended two Rath Yatras, one from North Tripura’s Dharmanagar and another from South Tripura’s Sabroom.
Read all the Latest Politics News here