Two Dozen AAP Candidates Lost Security Deposit in Punjab
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) won 20 seats in the Punjab assembly, came second in 26 constituencies while over two dozen AAP candidates lost their security deposit.
File logo of Aam Aadmi Party.
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) won 20 seats in the Punjab Assembly, came second in 26 constituencies while over two dozen AAP candidates lost their security deposit.
AAP ally Lok Insaaf Party won another two seats.
In Sujanpur, the party was at the fifth place after the Bharatiya Janata Party, the Congress, an Independent and the Revolutionary Marxist Party of India.
During the election campaign and even after the February 4 balloting, AAP leaders had claimed that the party was confident of winning up to 100 of the 117 seats.
In vote-share, the AAP came at the third place with around 23 percent after the Congress, which swept to power with 77 seats and 38.5 percent votes and the Shiromani Akali Dal, which won 15 seats (over 25 percent votes).
The BJP, the Akali ally, got just three seats with five percent vote share.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- Bhabiji Ghar Par Hain Actress Saumya Tandon Blessed with a Baby Boy
- PUBG Mobile 0.10.5 Update Goes Live: Adds Royale Pass Season 5, MK47 Mutant But no Zombie Mode
- So Proud of You My Love: Anushka Sharma Cheers For Virat and Team After India Registers ODI Series Win in Australia
- After #10YearChallenge, BJP Throws Open #5YearChallenge to Show 'Modi-Era Progress'
- The Biggest Data Breach of All Time: 773 Million Email Addresses And 21 Million Passwords Exposed
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s