Uddhav Thackeray Wants 'Study Group' to Monitor Loan Waiver Scheme
The Shiv Sena on Monday asked the Maharashtra government to set up a study group to ensure that benefits of the Rs 34,022-crore loan waiver scheme announced recently reaches the needy farmers.
File photo of Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray. (Image: PTI)
Aurangabad: The Shiv Sena on Monday asked the Maharashtra government to set up a study group to ensure that benefits of the Rs 34,022-crore loan waiver scheme announced recently reaches the needy farmers.
"It is important to note which farmer living in which village receives the benefits of loan waiver. In order to ensure that the needy farmers receive their due benefit, the government should form a study group," Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray told reporters in Aurangabad on Monday.
"The government has announced that loans of 40 lakh farmers will be waived (completely). Who are these farmers and which village do they reside in. The government needs to give specific information on this," he said.
"The Sena is a part of the government and has backed the farmers' agitation, so it is important we get this information," Thackeray said.
The Sena chief said the names of farmers whose loans have been waived should be presented in the state Legislature.
Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday announced that the government has decided to waive the outstanding loans up to June 30, 2016.
Recommended For You
- Sudan-Bound Turkish Airlines Flight Returned to Istanbul After a Passenger Creates Ruckus Midair
- Mumbai's 'Dabbawalas' Get New Comic Book Based On Them
- Modified Bajaj Avenger Looks Like a 1247cc Harley Davidson V-Rod - Watch Video
- India vs Pakistan: Amir & Wahab Warned Twice For Running on Danger Area
- Indian Talent Will Help Tide Over The Million Person Tech Expertise Shortfall: techUK’s Simon Spier
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s