Union Minister KJ Alphons Takes Oath as Rajya Sabha Member
KJ Alphons, who is Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism, was elected unopposed to the Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan in a bypoll earlier this month.
File photo of BJP minister KJ Alphons. (PTI)
New Delhi: Union minister K J Alphons on Monday took oath as the Rajya Sabha member before Upper House chairman Venkaiah Naidu.
Alphons, who is Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism, was elected unopposed to the Rajya Sabha from Rajasthan in a bypoll earlier this month.
He took oath before Naidu, the Rajya Sabha chairman in the Chairman's chamber in Parliament House, according to an official statement.
Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman P J Kurien and Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Vijay Goel were also present on the occasion.
Alphons, a 1979 batch IAS officer, began his political journey by becoming an independent MLA backed by the CPI(M) in Kerala in 2006 but joined the BJP in 2011.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- I Won't be Surprised If Someday Somebody Pressures Me to Make 'Pro-Hindu' Content, Says Kabir Khan
- This Man Has the Same Pathological Laughing Disorder as Joaquin Phoenix's Joker
- Quinton de Kock's Reaction After Indian Fan Breaches Security to Touch His Feet is Priceless
- ISL 2019-20: Controversy Heats Up Over Kerala Blasters vs ATK After Kerala Coach, Soosairaj Get Involved