Union Minister Vijay Goel Takes Out Bullock Cart Rally in Delhi, Slams AAP Govt Over Price Rise
The BJP leader said the Modi government cares for the people while the Kejriwal government "wants to kill people".
Union minister and BJP leader Vijay Goel rides a bullock-cart while participating in a protest against the Kejriwal government of Delhi for a cut in fuel prices by reducing VAT, in New Delhi on Sunday (PTI Photo)
New Delhi: Union minister Vijay Goel on Sunday slammed the Delhi government for not reducing value-added tax (VAT) on petrol and diesel, and took out a bullock cart rally in protest.
The rally started at the Red Fort and concluded at Sadar Bazar. People participating in the rally walked along side the minister's cart holding placards and raising slogans in his support.
"The Delhi government gives advise to the central government on price reduction. But, it (Delhi government) does not do anything. The BJP-ruled states have reduced VAT," Goel said.
He said the Modi government cares for the people while the Kejriwal government "wants to kill people".
"There are so many other issues I can talk about. Delhi is faced with the problems of traffic jams, pollution, mismanagement in government schools. The Kejriwal government should resign. They do not deserve to be here," Goel said, while riding on the bullock cart.
On Saturday, Delhi Congress chief Ajay Maken wrote to Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal requesting him to reduce the VAT on petrol and diesel "to the same level as it was in December, 2013, during the Congress regime in the city".
Recommended For You
- Bihar’s Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati of Amitabh Bachchan's Show Kaun Banega Crorepati
- Bigg Boss 13: Salman Khan Announces Sidharth Shukla to be Rashami Desai's Slave, She Refuses
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day