- Mayawati in Kushinagar
- Voter turnout till 3pm
- Voter turnout till 2pm
- Rahul Gandhi in Deoria
- Drunk voter smashes EVM
- Amit Shah in Ballia
- Voter turnout till 1pm
- PM Modi in Mau
- Akhilesh Yadav hits out at Mayawati
- Akhilesh Yadav in Deoria
- Voter turnout till 11am
- Rajnath Singh in Varanasi
- Voter turnout till 10am
- Bhalchand Yadav under house arrest
- Voter turnout till 9AM
- Vinay Katiyar snubs Uma Bharti
Millions voted on Monday in 51 assembly constituencies in the fifth phase of staggered elections in Uttar Pradesh, officials said.
According to Uttar Pradesh Chief Electoral Officer T Venkatesh, an estimated 57.36 percent of the 1.8 crore electorate voted between 7 am and 5 pm on Monday. Voting ended by and large peacefully in the state.
A total of 262 of the 403 assembly constituencies voted in the first four rounds of the elections which began on February 11. The last two rounds of voting will take place on March 4 and 8.
Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on tickets to Muslims:
It would have been better if BJP gave tickets to Muslims for the ongoing Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls: Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
We will address their concern by compensating them when we form government in the state: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
The BJP believes in taking along all the sections of the society. We formed government at the Centre with cooperation of all. Similarly, we will form government in the state: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
Drunk voter smashes EVM
In a bizarre incident, a man vandalised an electronic voting machine (EVM) in Gonda in Uttar Pradesh, police said.
According to information received the incident occurred at the Abhaipur polling station in Colonelganj assembly constituency in Gonda district.
As voting was underway, the accused Ratnesh Mishra went to the voting booth after getting his finger inked and started to smash the EVM. Security personnel and poll officials rushed to prevent him and overpowered him.
The accused is reported to have been in an inebriated state when he carried out the act.
Due to the incident, balloting was disrupted for over 30 minutes. Polling restarted after the damaged EVM was replaced by polling officials.
PM Modi in Mau:
- BJP believes in Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas
- Samajwadi Party, BSP and Congress, all of them have degraded the condition of UP
- When Nehru ji was the PM, MP from Ghazipur expressed concern over poverty. Report was presented, but they didn't take any action
- Uttar Pradesh requires development and BJP government will provide it
- We are undertaking measures for welfare of our farmer brothers and sisters. We want their incomes to double by 2022
- Why SP government doesn't care about the farmers in Utar Pradesh? Why they are not helping farmers in distress? They must answer
- Centre allotted funds for 24X7 power supply in Uttar Pradesh. But what stops the SP government from utilising those funds
- Law and order situation in UP is a disaster. Crime rate is rising, incidents of loot, rape, riots are reported. This must end
- Why do gangsters here keep smiling when they go to jail? This is because they get all facilities inside
- And giving tickets to such gangsters is it not a mockery of democracy?
- Our focus is on development of Poorvanchal
PM Modi urges people to vote for BJP and concludes his address
PM Narendra Modi addresses an election rally in Mau
- In UP, BJP will get full majority. I promise that all our allies will not be left behind
- Everybody believes that BJP and its allies will form government in UP
- Small parties in alliance with us will get representation in cabinet
- SP, BSP are well aware that they'd be defeated in these elections. And, now they are creating an environment that no party gets majority
- Do whatever possible to defeat BJP, but don't ruin the future of UP
- India is scaling newer heights of progress. It is due to the 125 crore Indians. UP too can develop. It needs a stable BJP Government
Click To Read: Security in Mau Beefed Up After Police Claim Threat to PM Modi's Life
The security in the Mau district, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to address a rally on Monday, has been ramped up after Mau ASP RK Singh on Sunday claimed that there was a threat to PM Modi's life.
Akhilesh Yadav addressing a rally in Deoria, UP
- PM should take a oath of ganga and ask everyone whether there is electricity in Varanasi or not
- Samajwadi people don’t talk about kabristan and shamshan, we talk about laptops
- I am coming to gorakhpur in evening, baba of BJP (Yogi Adityanath) should hold the wires and check whether there is electricity or not
- There is no metro in Gujarat when you were the CM of Gujarat
- PM wants to test his blood pressure. Let 11th March come there will be many BJP leaders who will need to test their blood pressure
Click To Read: Right to Contest not Equivalent to Right to Release for Campaigning, Delhi HC Tells Mukhtar Ansari
In a setback to the Bahujan Samaj Party, the Delhi High Court today stayed the custody parole granted to MLA Mukhtar Ansari who has been elected from the Mau constituency of Uttar Pradesh for a record number of four times.
Rajnath Singh addresses rally in Varanasi
- People talking about Lucknow metro, but major contribution for any Metro project is from the central govt
- Using these kind of words for the PM is not right. PM is not a person he is an organisation. In healthy democracy dignity should not be lowered down
- We will not let ISIS become a challenge here in India
- Our Muslim community doesn’t want that ISIS should be made in India
Rajnath Singh on Ramjas College incident:
- I had talked to the Police Commissioner on this and I continue to be in touch with him on latest developments. Officials are looking on the issue.
Click To Read: Not Giving Tickets to Muslims in UP Polls a Mistake: Uma Bharti
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Uma Bharti admitted on Monday that the BJP has committed a mistake by not giving tickets to Muslims in the ongoing UP Assembly elections.
* Without Ram Mandir nothing here is useful: Vinay Katiyar, BJP leader
* Why should we give them ticket when they don't vote for us: Katiyar snubs Uma Bharti's Muslim candidate opinion
* Minority politics wil be defeated. No Muslim candidate will win: Katiyar
* I stand by my earlier comment, BJP govt in UP will pave way for construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya: Katiyar
File photo of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. (Photo: Reuters)
The results of the elections in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Manipur, Goa and Punjab will be known on March 11.
Stay tuned for Live updates
14 Dec, 2018 | West Indies in Bangladesh WI vs BAN 198/950.0 overs 202/238.3 oversBangladesh beat West Indies by 8 wickets
11 Dec, 2018 | West Indies in Bangladesh BAN vs WI 255/750.0 overs 256/649.4 oversWest Indies beat Bangladesh by 4 wickets
09 Dec, 2018 | West Indies in Bangladesh WI vs BAN 195/950.0 overs 196/535.1 oversBangladesh beat West Indies by 5 wickets
06 - 10 Dec, 2018 | Border-Gavaskar Trophy IND vs AUS 250/1088.0 overs 235/1098.4 oversIndia beat Australia by 31 runs
03 - 07 Dec, 2018 | Pakistan and New Zealand in UAE NZ vs PAK 274/10116.1 overs 348/10135.0 oversNew Zealand beat Pakistan by 123 runs