UP Elections: Counting of Ballots for 403 Assembly Seats Begins
The counting of votes began at 8 AM for the 403 Assembly seats in politically crucial Uttar Pradesh that went to polls in seven phases.
An infographic showing how the polls are scheduled in Uttar Pradesh.
Lucknow: The counting of votes began at 8 AM for the 403 Assembly seats in politically crucial Uttar Pradesh that went to polls in seven phases.
"Counting of votes for 403 Assembly seats started at 8 in the morning. Counting of ballots will take place in all the 75 districts," state election office said here today.
In addition to general observers, a micro-observer has been deputed at each and every counting table to keep an eye on counting.
Three-tier security arrangements have been made to ensure full proof security in and around the counting centres.
A total of 78 counting centres have been set up in the state. In three districts of Amethi, Azamgarh and Kushinagar two counting centres each have been set up and in the remaining 72 district, counting will be held at one place.
Additional CCTV cameras have been installed at vantage points from where the carrying of EVMs from strong rooms to the counting hall can be recorded for effective monitoring.
Uttar Pradesh had seven-phase polling that started on February 11 and ended on March 8.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2019 | Best Bowlers in Each Phase in IPL History
- IPL 2019 | Dismissing Virat and AB Was the Highlight for Harbhajan
- Iron Man Challenges Captain America and Hulk, TV Actress Harassed by 14 Drunken Men
- Akshay Kumar Posts First Photo After 'Kesari' Release, Twitter Doesn't Let It 'Fade Away'
- Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner Bring Back '2000s Bucket Hat Trend
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s