UP Elections: Priyanka an Asset to Congress, Says Rahul Gandhi
Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Sunday that his sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was an asset to the party.
File image of Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi. (Image: PTI)
Lucknow: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Sunday that his sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra was an asset to the party.
Asked if Priyanka Gandhi will campaign in the election, Gandhi told the media: "Priyanka has been of tremendous help to me and I have been to her. Whether she campaigns or not is her choice. She is an asset to Congress."
Asked if Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav will campaign in the assembly polls starting on February 11, Gandhi said: "Campaign strategy will not be divulged now."
Talking about Bahujan Samajwadi Party chief Mayawati, the Congress leader said: "I personally respect Mayawatiji. BSP-ruled the state and made a few mistakes but my respect is intact for her.
"There are a lot of differences between Mayawatiji and BJP. BJP spreads anger and makes people fight. There is a threat to the nation from their (BJP) ideology. But there is no threat to the nation from Mayawati's ideology. There is no comparison between the two."
Talking about Akhilesh Yadav, Gandhi said: "He wanted to push the state towards development."
Recommended For You
- 'Mankad' Memes Take Over Twitter After Buttler's Controversial Run Out By Ashwin
- Apple Pushed Another Critical Service With News+, Apple Card, TV+ and Arcade, And it is Called Privacy
- IPL 2019 | Kaushik: Maybe Next Time Jos, Simply Don't Cross the Line?
- Apple Wants to Conquer Gaming With Arcade, And it Already Has a Big Advantage Over Google Stadia
- Gatecrashing Weddings, Meeting Royals and Tea: How Shashi Tharoor is Wooing Voters in Kerala
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s