UP Will Give Triple Talaq to SP, Congress and BSP: Owaisi
Uttar Pradesh will give "triple talaq" to SP, Congress and BSP, AIMIM president Asaduddin Owaisi said on Saturday, dubbing Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav "two sides of the same coin".
File photo of AIMIM leader Asaduddin Owaisi (PTI Photo)
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh will give "triple talaq" to SP, Congress and BSP, AIMIM president Asaduddin Owaisi said on Saturday, dubbing Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav "two sides of the same coin".
"There is no difference between Modi and Akhilesh... Both make a fool of people in the name of development... Uttar Pradesh will give triple talaq...to SP, Congress and BSP," he said at an event organised by a news channel here.
The AIMIM leader said Muslims accepted Mulayam, Akhilesh and Rahul Gandhi as their leaders but "they betrayed the community... It is because of their cowardice, injustice and negligence that I had to come in front of you today".
He said Samajwadi Party had promised to ensure the release of Muslim youths framed in terror cases but nothing had been
done in this regard.
On the issue of "triple talaq", he said: "Why the Modi government keeps harping on it? Why do not they talk about Zakia Jafri and Akhlaq's mother who was killed in Dadri... This government is being run on hollow promises."
Recommended For You
- 'Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai' Actress Aarti Chabria Ties the Knot With Boyfriend Visharad Beedassy
- AIFF's Denial to Rumours of ISL Getting Top Division Status is Appalling: I-League Champions Chennai City FC
- 'I am Fine, Recovering & Should Be Back to My Hotel Room Soon' - Brian Lara
- Deepika Padukone Slays in Chic Outfit in This Stunning Photo Shoot, Ranveer Singh Takes Full Credit
- One Pilot Dead, Other Ejected Safely After 2 Eurofighter Jets Crashed in Germany
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s