Upset over Ticket Distribution, BJP Workers Burn Effigy of Smriti Irani
A group of BJP workers on Wednesday for the second time in three days burnt the effigy of Union Minister Smriti Irani to protest against ticket distribution for Assembly polls here.
A fille image of Textiles Minister Smriti Irani.
Amethi: A group of BJP workers on Wednesday for the second time in three days burnt the effigy of Union Minister Smriti Irani to protest against ticket distribution for Assembly polls here.
The workers claimed that it was because of her that Uma Shankar Pandey has been nominated for Gauriganj assembly seat.
An effigy of Irani was also burnt on January 23 in Musafirkhana by BJP workers.
Pandey, who was the polling agent of Irani when she unsuccessfully fought against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi in Amethi Parliamentary Constituency in 2014 Lok Saha polls, said that "action may be taken against those found in anti-party activities" as the ticket distribution decision was taken by the BJP high command.
Earlier, more than hundreds of BJP booth presidents, 352 from Gauriganj, threatened to tender their resignation against Pandey's nomination.
Meanwhile, BJP ticket hopeful Ashish Shukla asked his supporters "to be ready to take some decision in meeting of February 1".
Shukla said "for Amethi's respect, I may take any step".
In Amethi, BJP has nominated scion of Amethi estate Rani Garima Singh.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Defends Thugs of Hindostan Failure, Says People Have Been a Little Too Harsh
- 'Super-agent' Pini Zahavi in Spotlight as Police Raid Mouscron
- While You Were Busy Following #DeepVeerKiShadi, Here Are 7 Other Things That Happened in India Today
- Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Launched in India for Rs 2.5 Lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 Lakh
- Intel AI DevCon: Betting Big on Neural Compute Stick 2, And a Generous Dose of AI