Uttar Pradesh 2017 Poll Results: What This Verdict Means for Akhilesh Yadav
Mulayam Singh Yadav may be back in the stable taking charge of the party and that may mean greater role for step brother.
File photo of UP CM Akhilesh Yadav
The Bharatiya Janata Paraty (BJP) took a massive lead over its main rivals in Uttar Pradesh as the millions of votes cast in the staggered assembly election were counted. Here is a look what it exactly means for the state Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
# A big loss of face - both within the extended family as well as his party.
# The opposition camp within the party will strengthen. Madhukar Jaitley has already raised the voice. It will soon get shriller.
# His political acumen to identify the right alliance will come in for question.
# In case he remains ardent, the party may be headed for a split. Uncle Shivpal Yadav had already hinted at that.
# Mulayam Singh Yadav may be back in the stable taking charge of the party and that may mean greater role for step brother.
# His ambition for Delhi remains a distant dream but with age on his side he can wait.
Recommended For You
- Wake Up Every Morning & Chase Your Dreams, Says Sachin to His Son Arjun
- Metallica Just Announced its Reunion With SF Symphony After 20 Years and Fans Cannot Wait
- Watch: Top Stories Of This Hour
- Top 5 Xiaomi Phones You Can Buy This Holi to Enjoy PUBG Mobile: Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro, Poco F1 And More
- KIA Sportage First Drive Review – Understanding Upcoming KIA SP2i Compact SUV
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s