Uttar Pradesh 2017 Poll Results: What This Verdict Means for Akhilesh Yadav
Mulayam Singh Yadav may be back in the stable taking charge of the party and that may mean greater role for step brother.
File photo of UP CM Akhilesh Yadav
The Bharatiya Janata Paraty (BJP) took a massive lead over its main rivals in Uttar Pradesh as the millions of votes cast in the staggered assembly election were counted. Here is a look what it exactly means for the state Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
# A big loss of face - both within the extended family as well as his party.
# The opposition camp within the party will strengthen. Madhukar Jaitley has already raised the voice. It will soon get shriller.
# His political acumen to identify the right alliance will come in for question.
# In case he remains ardent, the party may be headed for a split. Uncle Shivpal Yadav had already hinted at that.
# Mulayam Singh Yadav may be back in the stable taking charge of the party and that may mean greater role for step brother.
# His ambition for Delhi remains a distant dream but with age on his side he can wait.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swara Bhasker Taking Off Her Heels on the IIFA Green Carpet is Basically All of Us
- Inspired by 50s Puppet Show or Just for Appeal? Internet is Wondering What 'Howdy Modi' Means
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get
- Unidentified, Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Farmhouse in Telangana
- Europa League 2019, Manchester United vs Astana Live Streaming: When and Where to Watch Live Telecast