Uttar Pradesh is an 'Unprecedented' Victory, Says Amit Shah
Terming the BJP's victory in Uttar Pradesh assembly polls as "unprecedented", party chief Amit Shah said the win is a stamp of approval on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's work.
File photo of BJP president Amit Shah.
New Delhi: Terming the BJP's victory in Uttar Pradesh assembly polls as "unprecedented", party chief Amit Shah said the win is a stamp of approval on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's work.
Shah said the party would win the 2019 Lok Sabha poll with a bigger mandate than 2014.
"It is after a long time that a party is getting two-thirds majority in Uttar Pradesh. This victory is unprecedented in many ways," Shah said.
He said demonetisation, free cooking gas connections to the poor, mission on toilets under the Clean India programme and Jan Dhan accounts worked in favour of the BJP.
"This is two steps ahead of our victory of 2014. In the coming days, we will also spread to eastern and western states. We will get a bigger mandate in 2019 under the leadership of Narendra Modi," he said.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- None of the Avengers Can Beat Thanos' Hilarious #10YearChallenge, See Post
- Rafael Nadal Wary of 'Dangerous' Giant-killer Tiafoe After Berdych Rout
- BJP MLA Sadhna Singh Calling Mayawati 'Worse Than Eunuch' Shows Transphobia is Still Alive in 2019
- This Bizarre Video Of a 'Baby Birth' Nail Art Tutorial Is Scarring The Internet
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2019: No cost EMI, Exchange Offers, Instant Discount on Phones, TVs, Laptops And More
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s