Uttar Pradesh is an 'Unprecedented' Victory, Says Amit Shah
Terming the BJP's victory in Uttar Pradesh assembly polls as "unprecedented", party chief Amit Shah said the win is a stamp of approval on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's work.
File photo of BJP president Amit Shah.
New Delhi: Terming the BJP's victory in Uttar Pradesh assembly polls as "unprecedented", party chief Amit Shah said the win is a stamp of approval on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's work.
Shah said the party would win the 2019 Lok Sabha poll with a bigger mandate than 2014.
"It is after a long time that a party is getting two-thirds majority in Uttar Pradesh. This victory is unprecedented in many ways," Shah said.
He said demonetisation, free cooking gas connections to the poor, mission on toilets under the Clean India programme and Jan Dhan accounts worked in favour of the BJP.
"This is two steps ahead of our victory of 2014. In the coming days, we will also spread to eastern and western states. We will get a bigger mandate in 2019 under the leadership of Narendra Modi," he said.
Recommended For You
- DeepVeer Wedding: Twitter Breaks Into Hilarious Memes As Fans Wait for Ranveer, Deepika's Pics
- After MS Dhoni and Mary Kom, Now a Biopic on Bhaichung Bhutia in the Pipeline
- Viswanathan Anand Seals Blitz Title in Style by Beating Hikaru Nakamura
- Avengers 4: Will Bucky Barnes Return with Infinity War Sequel? Here's Sebastian Stan's Answer
- Samsung to Launch Galaxy A9 in India This Month; First Phone Ever with Quad Cameras