Uttarakhand BJP Expels 90 Workers, Office Bearers for Anti-Party Activities
The list of 90 party workers include 40 people who were stripped of their organisational posts after disciplinary action was initiated against them last week.
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand BJP on Friday expelled 90 party workers and office bearers for indulging in anti-party activities.
Pradesh BJP general secretary Rajendra Bhandari said the action was taken on the direction of Pradesh BJP chief Ajay Bhatt after they were found guilty of entering poll fray against party-supported nominees in zila panchayat polls and campaigning against them.
He said action will also be taken against others if they are found guilty of indiscipline. Bhatt had earlier threatened to expel such workers from the party for six years.
The list of 90 party workers include 40 people who were stripped of their organisational posts after disciplinary action was initiated against them last week, Pradesh BJP media incharge Devendra Bhasin said.
The office bearers, who were absolved of their organisational responsibilities and ousted from the party, were of the level of mandal general secretaries, mandal presidents and district vice presidents.
Panchayat elections are scheduled to be held in 12 districts of the state in three phases from October 6 to October 16.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus TV 55Q1 Pro Review: Mildly Eccentric But You’ll Love a Great QLED Display
- Here's How Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas Decided to 'Chill' After a Concert Night
- Tiger Shroff, Riteish Deshmukh are Like Ram-Lakhan of Baaghi 3, Says Director Farhad Samji
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Adam Lallana Scores Late to Salvage 1-1 Draw for Liverpool
- ISL 2019-20: Bengaluru FC Begin Title Defence Against NorthEast United at Home