Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat: All You Need to Know About Him
An RSS veteran since 1979, Trivendra Rawat did his post-graduation in journalism. He was appointed as an Uttarakhand organisational secretary for five years in 1970
Rawat also served as state cabinet minister in 2007 under BC Khanduri government
Trivendra Singh Rawat on Saturday took oath as the 9th chief minister of Uttarakhand with Prime Minister Narendra and senior BJP leaders attending the ceremony.
Rawat took oath at the parade ground in Dehradun. The BJP scored a massive victory in Uttarakhand winning 56 of the 70 seats in the state to storm to power, reducing Congress to a minuscule minority in the state Assembly with 11 seats.
Here’s what you need to know about the new Uttarakhand CM:
1) He was born in December 1960 into a family where serving in the armed forces was a tradition, with his father Pratap Singh Rawat in Garhwal Rifles
2) Trivendra studied in a school built of mud and thatch in his native village of Khairasain in Pauri Garhwal district
3) An RSS veteran since 1979, Trivendra Rawat did his post-graduation in journalism. He was appointed as an Uttarakhand organisational secretary for five years in 1970
4) Rawat also served as state cabinet minister in 2007 under BC Khanduri government
5) Rawat, 56, wrested the Doiwala seat from Congress with a margin of 24,869 votes to win it for the third time. Considered a man rooted in rural traditions, Rawat loves hill delicacies and keeps visiting his village from time to time, especially during winter when he loves to eat millet (Manduwa) rotis, his elder brother Veerendra says
6) Rawat evinced keen interest in socio-cultural work at an early age and became a member of RSS at the age of 19
Recommended For You
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy The OnePlus 6 Over Apple iPhone X
- AB de Villiers Bids Adieu: Top 5 ODI Knocks From Mr 360
- Exhibition Matches the Perfect Roadmap for Future Women's IPL
- What Is General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), That's Got The World Talking About Europe?
- Bangalore Based Indian Millionaire Adds Aston Martin V12 Vantage AMR Worth Rs 5 Crore to Garage - Watch Video