Varanasi North Election Results 2017: Ravindra Jaiswal of BJP Leads
Ravindra Jaiswal of BJP leads the Varanasi North seat, constituency No. 388 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
Ravindra Jaiswal of BJP leads for the Varanasi North seat, constituency No. 388 of Uttar Pradesh legislative assembly.
The main candidates from Varanasi North seat were Sujeet Kumar Maurya (BSP), Ravindra Jaiswal (BJP), Abdul Samad Ansari (Congress) and Vibya Kumar Alias Divya Kumar Gupta (RLD).
The BJP won this constituency in the 2012 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections by a narrow margin of 2,336 votes. Ravindra Jaiswal, the winning BJP candidate, got 47,980 votes. BSP candidate Sujit Kumar Maurya was the nearest contender; he got 45,644 votes. The voter turnout was 55.49 %.
Elections to 403 seats of Uttar Pradesh were held over 7 phases from February 4 to March 8.
Exit polls had predicted the BJP emerging first in Uttar Pradesh with the Samajwadi Party- Congress alliance emerging second and Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party emerging a distant third.
For live Uttar Pradesh assembly election results click here
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Area 51 Raid: Here's How Many People Turned Up, and What Really Happened
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough