Vice-President Elections 2017: Everything You Need to Know
The contest is now between Venkaiah Naidu and the opposition candidate Gopalkrishna Gandhi for the post of Vice-President.
Venkaiah Naidu with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah at the party headquarters on Monday. (Photo: News18)
M Venkaiah Naidu was appointed The ruling National Democratic Alliance's candidate for the Vice-President's post on Monday.
The contest is now between Naidu and the opposition candidate Gopalkrishna Gandhi.
Here is everything you need to know about the Vice-President Elections:
Electoral College for VP Polls
· From Rajya Sabha: 233 elected and 12 nominated members
· From Lok Sabha, 543 elected and 2 nominated.
· The total members in the Electoral College are 790
· The value of each vote in the Vice-Presidential election is one.
· The winning candidate has to get a required quota of votes, which is 50% of the total valid votes
Party tally of Key Parties in both the houses
LS – 281
RS – 56
LS – 45
RS – 58
LS – 34
RS – 12
LS – 2
RS – 10
LS – 5
RS - 18
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- The Largest Flying Dinosaur Was the Size of a Plane, Find Scientists
- Mi TV Netflix Support to Finally Roll Out on September 17, Suggests Teaser