Victory of Corruption-free Rule, Modi's Pro-poor Policies: Amit Shah
BJP President Amit Shah on Saturday credited Prime Minister Narendra Modi's pro-poor policies for his party's big win in Uttar Pradesh with over two-thirds majority.
File photo of BJP chief Amit Shah. (Photo: News18)
New Delhi: BJP President Amit Shah on Saturday credited Prime Minister Narendra Modi's pro-poor policies for his party's big win in Uttar Pradesh with over two-thirds majority.
"This is the victory of the corruption-free rule and pro-poor policies under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi," he tweeted as he congratulated party leaders and workers for the victory in UP and Uttarakhand.
He also greeted the people for keeping faith in the BJP. The saffron party with its allies is projected to win over 300 seats out of 403, an unprecedented feat in its electoral history.
In 1991 when it achieved its biggest victory, it had won 221 seats in the state.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- Xiaomi Mi Band Launched in India at Rs 2,299, First Sale on September 19
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master
- Liam Hemsworth Came to Know of Miley Cyrus' Decision to Split from Social Media