Voting Process Recorded, Posted on Facebook in Maharashtra; Probe Ordered
As per Election Commission guidelines, voters are not allowed to carry their mobile phones within a 100-metre radius of polling stations on the day of voting.
Osmanabad: Election officials have ordered an inquiry after some voters recorded their voting process at a polling booth here and posted it on Facebook, police said.
As per Election Commission guidelines, voters are not allowed to carry their mobile phones within a 100-metre radius of polling stations on the day of voting, an official said.
"This action (Facebook video) is a clear violation of the EC guidelines and also against the principles of secret ballot," an official said.
Cases are also being registered under Cyber Act against the concerned people, who have been asked to delete the video on Facebbook, an official said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan to Announce Two Films on His 54th Birthday?
- Mohena Kumari Singh is Radiant as a Royal Bride at Her Traditional Rajput Wedding, See Pics
- Puma Has an Interactive Store Where You Can Also Get Your New Shoes Customized
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work