We Back BJP Because There is No Alternative, Says NDA Ally Ramdas Athawale
Athawale heads a faction of the Republican Party of India (RPI), founded by Dr BR Ambedkar.
File photo of Union Social Justice Minister Ramdas Athawale.
Mumbai: Union minister and Dalit leader Ramdas Athawale said on Wednesday that his outfit had to continue to support the BJP-led ruling alliance in Maharashtra as there was no other option.
Athawale heads a faction of the Republican Party of India (RPI), founded by Dr BR Ambedkar. "I have no other political choice, so I am with BJP in this (Maharashtra Assembly) election," Athawale, known for his candid way of speaking, told a Marathi news channel.
"But the association with the BJP is not merely electoral and for power, I am with them over various social issues as well," he added.
The Union Minister of State for Social Justice also refuted rumours of his wife Seema entering into politics. "She does attend some rallies and party functions. It does not mean she will join active politics. She looks after my house and helps me remain active in politics," Athawale said to a question.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs South Africa | Happy to Make Teams Dance to Our Tunes: Shami
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge