Will Volunteer for Construction of Ram Temple, Says Disqualified Karnataka MLA Roshan Baig
Baig appealed to Muslim petitioners in the Ayodhya case not to challenge the verdict.
File photo of Roshan Baig.
Bengaluru: Disqualified MLA Roshan Baig, who was expelled from the Congress for anti-party activities, on Saturday said he would volunteer for the construction of Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
You (Hindus) build the Ram Temple. We will also volunteer. Please take us along. We will also ask you to join us to build the mosque on the land given to us. Together we build the mosque and temple, the eight-time MLA told reporters.
Welcoming the Supreme Court verdict on Ayodhya, which paves the way for the construction of Ram Temple, Baig said, "A year ago I had said can Ram Temple be built in Pakistan, if not in India.
We have always maintained that we will respect whatever judgment the Supreme Court delivers. Muslim religious scholars have also been saying unanimously that they will abide by the verdict, he said.
Baig appealed to Muslim petitioners in the Ayodhya case not to challenge the verdict. Our community requires equal opportunities and peaceful co-existence. This is our slogan too, Baig pointed out.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How a Viral Photo of a Girl Waiting For Leftover Food Got Her Admitted to Telangana School
- Robert Downey Jr Pays Tribute to Stan Lee While Accepting Male Movie Star Trophy at People's Choice Awards
- Real Bala Akshay Kumar Passes on the Crown to Ayushmann Khurrana, Calls Him Winner
- Vodafone's New Rs 225 Prepaid Plan Offers Unlimited Voice Calls, 4GB Data for 48 Days
- India vs Bangladesh | Rishabh Pant’s Lapses Talked About Because Of His Thankless Job: Sunil Gavaskar