'Will Ensure Stable Govt in Maharashtra': Day After PM Modi's Congratulatory Message, Ajit Pawar Replies
Responding to Modi's congratulatory message after his sudden swearing in as Dy CM on Saturday, Pawar in a tweet thanked the prime minister.
Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis shaking hands with Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Ajit Pawar after the oath-taking ceremony. (Image: Special Arrangement)
Mumbai: A day after Prime Minister Narendra Modi's congratulatory message, Maharashtra deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar on Sunday replied to him, assuring a stable government in the state. The leader posted 11 tweets in 10 minutes, replying to all the Bharatiya Janta Party leaders.
Responding to Modi's congratulatory message after his sudden swearing in as Dy CM on Saturday, Pawar in a tweet thanked the prime minister. "Thank you Hon. Prime Minister @narendramodi ji. We will ensure a stable Government that will work hard for the welfare of the people of Maharashtra," he tweeted.
NCP sources said the tweet was an indication that the nephew of party chief Sharad Pawar had spurned all efforts to persuade him to rescind his shocking move to back the BJP.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone to Feature in Vin Diesel's XXX Franchise Again?
- Trump Makes Twitter Record by Tweeting 123 Times in Couple of Hours Amid Impeachment Charges
- IndiGo Passengers Stuck in Aerobridge for 8 Hours, Airline Blames Bad Weather for Delay
- Thousands of 'Penis Fish' Wash Up on California Beach and Social Media is 'Shook'
- WhatsApp Will Sue Businesses That Bombard Users Will Bulk Messages