With Eye on 2019 Polls, PM Modi, Amit Shah to Address 13 BJP CMs Today
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the party chief ministers on Sunday and is likely to ask them to focus on the agenda of "good governance and development".
File image of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: With the upcoming state assembly polls and next Lok Sabha elections on his mind, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the party chief ministers on Sunday and is likely to ask them to focus on the agenda of "good governance and development".
Modi's pitch will include the need for them to focus on his development agenda with an emphasis on the poor sections of the society, party sources said. BJP general secretary Bhupender Yadav said this would be the second meeting of all party chief ministers with Modi since he came to power in 2014.
Only recently in his address to party leaders in the BJP national executive meet, Modi had spoken about the need for India to take a "long jump" to make rapid progress while Shah had asserted that the saffron party was yet to reach its peak.
All the BJP chief ministers along with their counterparts from other states will be in the national capital on Sunday to take part in the Niti Aayog meeting.
Recommended For You
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Box Office Day 1: Shahid Kapoor’s Film Earns Rs 6.76 Crore
- Ashley Judd on Being Raped: I Only Told My Diary
- Milan Fashion Week: Nicki Minaj, Leona Lewis and Rita Ora Ooze Glamour in Versace Prints
- The Dhoni Slayer! Hong Kong’s Ehsan Khan Basks in Afterglow of Standout Moment of Career
- Apple iPhone XS Max Review: The Best iPhone, Ever. Period.