With Lok Sabha Polls Just Months Aways, Amit Shah Flags off 'NaMo Rath'
'The money collected from this will be donated to the Namami Gange Project to further clean our holy Ganga,' Shah said in a tweet.
BJP president Amit Shah flags off NaMo Rath on Monday. (Image: Twitter)
New Delhi: Ahead of the general elections, BJP president Amit Shah on Monday flagged off 'NaMo Rath'— a store on wheels selling merchandise inspired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The saffron coloured fleet of mini-trucks with huge photos of Modi will tour the nation selling 'NaMo' (Narendra Modi) t shirts, coffee mugs, caps, face masks, key chains among other merchandise, a party leader said.
Calling it a "unique nationwide initiative", Shah said the money collected from the exercise will be donated to the 'Namami Ganga' project aimed at cleaning the river.
"This is a unique nationwide initiative, which will allow people to buy latest NaMo merchandise on wheels," he said after the flag off at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) headquarters here.
"The money collected from this will be donated to the Namami Gange Project to further clean our holy Ganga," he said in a tweet.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Avengers: Endgame Director Says Cancelling Spider Man Deal was Sony's 'Tragic Mistake'
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- Xiaomi Mi Band Launched in India at Rs 2,299, First Sale on September 19
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master
- Lego Shoes, Robo Dog and Vegan Meat: The Quirkiest Finds at Alibaba's Taobao Maker Festival