Within 48 Hours of Quitting, Former Gujarat Minister Back in BJP
The former state minister Sundersinh Chauhan claimed that he was tricked into joining the Congress.
Image of former Gujarat minister Sundersinh Chauhan (Photo:Twitter)
Ahmedabad: Two days after quitting the BJP and joining the Congress, former Gujarat minister Sundersinh Chauhan has taken a U-turn. Chauhan, four-time MLA from Mahemdavad in Kheda district, joined the Congress on November 27, claiming that he was being ignored by the present BJP leadership. On November 29, he changed his mind and returned to the BJP fold at the ruling party's Nadiad office in Kheda in the presence of Lok Sabha MP Devusinh Chauhan.
The former state minister claimed that he was tricked into joining the Congress. "I went to Congress office to meet someone on November 27. Some Congress workers surrounded me and tricked me into joining the party," said Chauhan.
He had served as the minister of state (MoS) for social justice and also as MoS labour and employment in the BJP government earlier. He lost to Congress' Gautam Chauhan in 2012 Assembly polls and was not given a ticket in 2017.
After joining the Congress on November 27, he had claimed that he had quit the BJP because of its "anti-farmer" policies.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Avengers: Endgame Director Says Cancelling Spider Man Deal was Sony's 'Tragic Mistake'
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Next Film on PM Modi's Youth; Akshay Kumar Unveils First Look
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- This Rescued Deer Keeps Coming Back to the Family Who Saved Him
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master