Yeddyurappa In a Spot Over Rs 1 Lakh Help to Farmer's Kin
A video of BJP Karnataka unit president BS Yeddyurappa giving Rs 1 lakh to the family of a deceased farmer has triggered a controversy a day before the Gundlupet bypoll.
Tv grab of a video, where Yeddyurappa is seen giving Rs 1 lakh to the family of a farmer who had committed suicide.
Bengaluru: A video of BJP Karnataka unit president BS Yeddyurappa giving Rs 1 lakh to the family of a deceased farmer has triggered a controversy a day before the Gundlupet bypoll.
In a video, Yeddyurappa is seen giving Rs 1 lakh to the family of a farmer who had committed suicide. He can be seen handing over 50 notes of Rs 2,000 to the family in Vaddarahosahalli village in Gundlupet constituency.
On Sunday, Yeddyurappa visited the home of Chikkamada Shetty who, unable to bear the burden of loans, committed suicide at the age of 51 by consuming pesticide. Shetty had taken a loan of Rs 7 lakh for drilling bore wells.
"We had gone to offer condolence. The family’s condition was very bad. The farmer’s widow was worried about raising her two children,” a source said.
Catch the Biggest Newsmakers and the Biggest Newsbreaks on CNN-News18, your favourite English TV news channel. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 Paise per Month. Contact your cable /DTH operator Now!
*Rental / capacity fee of Rs.130/- as charged by cable / DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- "Completely Unexpected But a Dream Come True" - Markande Revels in India Call-up
- US Woman Marries Zombie Child Doll in Intimate Ceremony, Says They Want to Have Kids Now
- Dev Movie Review: This Senseless Romantic Run is Sure to Pull Karthi Down
- Shell Be Loved: Tortoise Couple Breaks Up After Century Together, and We're Not Over It
- High in Ireland: Island Put on Sale, Can Be Yours for a Million Pounds
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s