Yogi Adityanath Follows PM Modi, Bans Lal Batti in UP From Today
Two days after the union cabinet put an end to use of red beacon lights in all vehicles, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in a midnight missive ordered the same with immediate effect across Uttar Pradesh.
Union Cabinet's decision on removing red beacon light, which starts from May 1 is seen as a crackdown on the VIP culture.(Image: Network18creative)
Lucknow: Two days after the Union Cabinet put an end to use of red beacon lights in all vehicles, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in a midnight missive ordered the same with immediate effect across Uttar Pradesh.
In an order issued by the Chief Minister's Office said the use of blue and red beacon lights by ministers and officials was being ended from Friday. However, they would be allowed on the escort vehicles.
Army vehicles, ambulances, fire brigades and police vehicles will exempt from this decision. The governor and the Chief Justice of High Court will continue to use red beacons.
CM Adityanath has also decided to curtail the security cover of politicians and others. He also thanked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for this decision and said it would go a long way in ending VIP culture in the country and bring relief to the people.
Soon after the cabinet decision on Wednesday, ministers Siddhartha Nath Singh and Rita Bahuguna Joshi had removed beacons from their official vehicles.
(With IANS inputs)
Recommended For You
- Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury Concept Crossover Unveiled Ahead of Debut
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 To Go On Sale For 24-Hours on Mi.com on April 25, Sale Starts 12AM Tonight
- Huawei P20 Pro vs Samsung Galaxy S9+ vs Apple iPhone 8 Plus [Specs Comparison]
- Neil Nitin Mukesh, Rukmini Sahay To Welcome Their First Child
- Aladdin Review: Disney's Broadway Musical Creates Desi Magic, Charms Audience