Youth Congress members praise the state government at a rally in Delhi
New Delhi: The Indian Youth Congress (IYC) organised a scooter and bike rally on Sunday extolling the Sheila Dikshit government's achievements in ensuring development of the metropolis.Ghanendra Bhardhwaj, a Youth Congress (YC) leader, said the rally was not an attempt to keep people away from the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's public meeting, held on Sunday at the Japanese Park Ground in Rohini. "It is our routine campaign. We are campaigning for the assembly elections," he said.Legislator Mukesh Sharma, also the parliamentary secretary in the Delhi government, led the scooter and bike rally in the Uttam Nagar constituency.About 5,000 bike and scooter riders participated in the rally that aimed at publicising the achievements of the Congress government in infrastructure, education and health of Delhi.Some riders were carrying banners and raising slogans in praise of the Congress government that has won three successive assembly elections.Addressing the rally, Mukesh Sharma said Delhi is counted as a world-class city because of the work done by the Congress government.He said education facilities have improved in the past five years while infrastructure has become better compared to the time when the BJP was in power.Bhardhwaj said the Congress had a clear leader in Dikshit and "we will win the polls"."Unlike the BJP, we do not need to ponder to declare our CM (chief ministerial) candidate," he said.
Recommended For You
- Chennaiyin FC Won ISL Fairly, Disappointed With Gurpreet's Comments: John Gregory
- Pero's Fresh & Vibrant Take On Autumn/Winter Style Wins Hearts At AIFW AW ‘18
- Ranveer Singh Talks About Facing The Limelight, His Style Quotient And Padmaavat
- Zuckerberg Goes 007 Mode: Sets up 'Secret Police' to Find Information Leakers in Facebook
- India Joins In As World Prepares To Celebrate French Gastronomy On March 21