YSRCP MLA Narayana Swamy on Power Trip, Police Officer Gives it Back
In another incident of power trip by political class, the YSR Congress MLA Narayana Swamy was caught on camera involved in a heated argument with the senior police officer in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh.
YSR Congress MLA Narayana Swamy (in pic) was caught on camera involved in a heated argument with Superintendent of Police Jayalakshmi. (Photo: CNN-News18 TV grab)
Hyderabad: In another incident of power trip by the political class, the YSR Congress MLA Narayana Swamy was caught on camera involved in a heated argument with the senior police officer in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh.
The altercation happened after police denied permission to Swamy and his workers to carry out a protest in the mortuary. On Friday, a gruesome accident occurred in the state, where a speeding lorry ran over several pedestrians near the Yerpedu police station. At least 14 people were killed and 20 others injured.
Instead of bowing down to the demand of the leader, the police officer decided to give it back.
The MLA and his followers were forced to leave the place.
— SAKSHI KHANNA (@tweetsakshi) April 21, 2017
Still unapologetic, Narayana Swamy told CNN News 18, "So many people died in accident, so I was there to extend my support. However, police misbehaved with me. SP supports TDP and that is why I was stopped."
The Union government decision to end Red Beacon has been lauded by everyone. But the question is will it put an end to VVIP culture. Incidents like these show, what needs to change is the mindset and attitude.
Recommended For You
- Ayaz Memon: Chandimal Temerity After Sandpaper Gate Boggles the Mind
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Join Son Taimur for His Playschool Class Group Photo
- Govinda's Wife Slams Krushna, Kashmera for Talking Rubbish About Them Behind Their Back, Comedian Hits Back
- The Tippling Point | When Concern for Wine Helped Save Mankind
- [In Pics] Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro Leaked in a Series of Images: Notch Display, Dual Camera Confirmed