Zilla Panchayat Polls in Goa on March 15, Date of Counting to be Announced Later
The election for all 50 Zilla Panchayat constituencies would be held on March 15 and the schedule for filing nominations and counting would be issued later.
Image of the voting machine.
Panaji: Goa election commission has announced that the Zilla Panchayat elections in the state would be held on March 15.
State Election Commissioner R K Srivastava on Thursday said the election for all 50 Zilla Panchayat constituencies would be held on March 15 and the schedule for filing nominations and counting would be issued later.
The elections would be held along party lines, wherein political parties can officially field their candidates in these constituencies, he said. The five-year term of all the ZPs will end on March 23, before which the new body has to be in place.
Meanwhile, the BJP and Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party (MGP) have already announced that they would be fielding their candidates for the polls. While BJP's Goa unit president Sadanand Shet Tanavade said the party will soon announce their candidates, MGP head Deepak Dhavalikar said the party will be contesting the polls on its own.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kiara Advani, Bhumi Pednekar Bare it All For Dabboo Ratnani's Calendar
- Indian Dance Crew V Unbeatable Wins America's Got Talent The Champions
- Next-Gen Hyundai Elite i20 Images Leaked Before Official Release, See Pics
- Singapore Invokes New Fake News Law to Block Page And Facebook Says it is Concerned
- The Race to Launch India’s First 5G Smartphone is Completely Pointless