19-year-old Wrestler Collapses and Dies During Bout in Madhya Pradesh
An initial postmortem report suggests the 19-year-old Sonu Yadav died due to cardiac arrest.
Representative image. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Seoni: A 19-year old wrestler died after collapsing during a bout in Madhya Pradesh's Seoni district, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place on Saturday night when Sonu Yadav, a resident of Bhomatola village, participated in a wrestling match in Beltola village, located about 45 km from here, Kurai police station in-charge Ganpat Singh Uike said.
"Yadav collapsed during the match. He was rushed to Seoni District Hospital where doctors declared him dead," the official said.
The body was handed over to the family members after the postmortem, he said, adding that a probe was underway.
"If the match organisers and referees are found guilty, action would be taken against them," he said.
The official said an initial postmortem report suggested that Yadav died due to cardiac arrest.
However, some eyewitnesses claimed Yadav participated in several wrestling matches on Saturday and despite the fatigue, he continued to play.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Photoshopped Image of Cricketer Smriti Mandhana with Lipstick and Fairer Skin Causes Outrage
- The Viral Posts on Ranu Mondal Demanding Land for Church in Ayodhya are Fake
- Moto Razr Returns Today: Can it Be As Iconic as its Predecessor?
- Janhvi Kapoor Shares Childhood Picture with Khushi, Boney Kapoor as Filmmaker Takes Charge of Kitchen
- Not Speaking to My Mother Was Tough: Real Kashmir FC Defender as Valley Lockdown Completes 100 Days