After Fred, Manchester United Complete Signing of Porto Full-back Diogo Dalot
Manchester United have signed 19-year-old Portuguese full-back Diogo Dalot from Porto, both clubs confirmed on Wednesday.
Diogo Dalot. (Manchester United/ Twitter Image)
Manchester: Manchester United have signed 19-year-old Portuguese defender Diogo Dalot from FC Porto on a five-year deal with an option to extend for a further year, the Premier League club announced on Wednesday.
"Diogo is an extremely talented young defender with all the qualities to quickly become a great player for this club," United manager Jose Mourinho said on the club's website https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/manchester-united-announces-the-signing-of-diogo-dalot.
"He has all the attributes that a full back needs: physicality, tactical intelligence and technical quality, combined with a Porto Academy mentality which prepares players for the maturity they need at the professional level."
Dalot's arrival follows the news on Tuesday that United have reached an agreement to sign Brazilian midfielder Fred from Ukraine's Shakhtar Donetsk for a reported 52 million pounds ($69.8 million).
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Gulzar, Poonam Dhillon Attend Khayyam's Prayer Meet; Kapil Sharma Accused of Disrespecting Women
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Ties the Knot With Laura Hashian in Secret Hawaiian Wedding, See Pics
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers
- Alia Bhatt-Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's Weddings to Have This in Common