AITA-ITF Call Over India-Pakistan Davis Cup Tie Cancelled Again
India-Pakistan Davis Cup tie has become a matter of speculation since diplomatic ties downgraded between the two countries.
India and Pakistan will play in Davis Cup (Photo Credit: News18)
New Delhi: The tele-conference between the Indian tennis federation and the international body ITF's security consultants on the upcoming Davis Cup tie between India and Pakistan was on Tuesday cancelled for the second day in a row.
India's non-playing Davis Cup captain Mahesh Bhupathi, who was to be part of the conference call, told PTI that "call is cancelled till further notice."
"Davis Cup committee is meeting tomorrow to discuss this," Bhupathi added.
On Monday, the call did not take place as the International Tennis Federation (ITF) Executive Director Justine Albert was unavailable.
The tie, scheduled to be held in Islamabad, has become a matter of speculation ever since Pakistan downgraded diplomatic ties with India citing the revocation status enjoyed by Jammu and Kashmir.
After rejecting India's security concerns twice, the ITF had agreed to a tele-conference on the issue with AITA representatives.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Post #MeToo, 19% Men Don't Want to Hire 'Attractive' Women, Reveals Survey
- Climate Change Not Asteroid Strike Killed Dinosaurs, Says New Study
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- Producer Vikas Gupta Reacts to Link Up Rumours With Kasautii Zindagii Kay Star Erica Fernandes
- Your Data, Location Might be Tracked with This SIM Card Flaw, Without Your Knowledge