Ajay Jayaram Pulls Out of China and Hong Kong Open
Recovering from a hamstring injury, Indian shuttler Ajay Jayaram has decided to pull out of the next two Super Series tournaments in China and Hong Kong.
File image of Ajay Jayaram. (Getty Images)
New Delhi: Recovering from a hamstring injury, Indian shuttler Ajay Jayaram has decided to pull out of the next two Super Series tournaments in China and Hong Kong.
"It's been a tough few months for me. I couldn't play after the world championship because of an issue with the knee. I was having this issue before the world championship also. So I had to pull out of Korea and Japan and then Denmark and France," Jayaram said.
"I trained for two weeks ahead of the senior nationals but I pulled my hamstring during a match.
"I did another MRI scan and the good thing is that it is not major. The underlying issue seems to be biomechanical one and will need extensive rehabilitation. So I had to pull out of China and Hong Kong as well."
Jayaram had reached the finals of 2015 Korea Super Series. He had won the Dutch Open twice and finished runners up twice in the tournament.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Tim Cook is Concerned About Health of Apple's Community Amidst Coronavirus Spread
- Poonam Pandey in an Ugly Legal Battle with Shilpa Shetty's Husband Raj Kundra, Case Reaches High Court
- Air India Offering Discounted Flight Tickets at Just Rs 799, International Airfare at Rs 4,500
- Watch: RPF Officers Hailed for Saving Two Passengers on the Same Day in Odisha and Mumbai
- WATCH: Passenger Plane Etihad Airbus A380 Lands Sideways in London, Heart-stopping Clip Goes Viral