Aljaz Bedene upsets Roberto Bautista Agut to reach Hamburg quarter-finals
Bedene advanced to the quarterfinals of the Hamburg Open by upsetting third-seeded Bautista Agut 7-6 (2), 7-6 (7) on Wednesday.
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Aljaz Bedene advanced to the quarterfinals of the Hamburg Open by upsetting third-seeded Roberto Bautista Agut 7-6 (2), 7-6 (7) on Wednesday.
Bedene will next play eight-seeded Fabio Fognini, who needed three sets to overcome Albert Ramos-Vinolas, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3.
In another upset, sixth-seeded and 2012 Hamburg winner Juan Monaco went out against qualifier Lucas Pouille, 6-1, 7-5.
Fifth-seeded Pablo Cuevas edged Diego Schwartzman 7-6 (4), 6-4 in a first-round match and Jiri Vesely completed a 3-6, 6-1, 6-0 win over Andreas Haider-Mauer in a match that had been halted by rain a day earlier.
Vesely will play top-seeded Rafael Nadal in the second round.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Poonam Pandey in an Ugly Legal Battle with Shilpa Shetty's Husband Raj Kundra, Case Reaches High Court
- Indians Are Googling Where to Download 'Teri Mitti' After 'Apna Time Aayega' Wins Filmfare
- Coronavirus Not Virus But an 'Avatar' to Punish Non-vegetarians: Hindu Mahasabha
- Rangoli Chandel Lashes Out at Alia, Ananya, Karan Post Kangana Ranaut's Snub at Filmfare
- The Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband is Good Enough to Deserve a Complete Review