All Sexual Harassment Cases to be Disposed Off in Four Weeks: Kiren Rijiju
Kiren Rijiju said that all pending sexual harassment cases will be disposed off in the next four weeks.
Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju (Photo Credit: Twitter)
New Delhi: All pending cases of sexual harassment on Sports Authority of India (SAI) campuses will be disposed off within the next four weeks, Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju said in a statement on Friday. Rijiju's statement comes in response to a report which said that little or no action has been taken in 45 cases of sexual harassment that were reported from 24 SAI institutes over the last 10 years.
"There is zero tolerance of sexual harassment on SAI campuses. The inquiries that are underway will be speeded up. I have directed that all pending cases will be disposed off within the next four weeks," said Rijiju in the statement.
"We will ensure that the already existing system of addressing sexual harassment cases and protecting our athletes, both boys and girls, is made more robust. Athletes spend their formative years at SAI centres and it is our foremost responsibility to give them a safe environment in which to live and train."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- IndiGo Offering Discounted Tickets at Just Rs 3,499 for International Flights
- Nusrat Jahan, Dev, Jeet Gannguli, Arindam Sil Mourn Death of Veteran Bengali Actor Tapas Pal
- My Job is Done Before the Release of the Film, Says Sara Ali Khan Post Love Aaj Kal
- Tim Cook is Concerned About Health of Apple's Community Amidst Coronavirus Spread
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Sale 2020: iPhone XS at Rs 54,999, Pixel 3a at Rs 27,999