Andy Murray's Wife Pregnant with Second Child
Wimbledon champion Andy Murray has confirmed his wife Kim is pregnant with the couple's second child. Murray, who married Kim in 2015, became a father for the first time in February 2016 when his wife gave birth to their daughter Sophia.
London: Wimbledon champion Andy Murray has confirmed his wife Kim is pregnant with the couple's second child. Murray, who married Kim in 2015, became a father for the first time in February 2016 when his wife gave birth to their daughter Sophia.
"We're both obviously very happy and looking forward to
it," Murray told reporters at Wimbledon.
News of the latest member of the Murray clan came just 24 hours before the world number one starts his Wimbledon campaign against Kazakhstan's Alexander Bublik on Centre Court.
Murray said knowing he is due to become a father again wouldn't provide extra inspiration as he chases a third Wimbledon title and fourth Grand Slam crown.
"No, I wouldn't have thought so," he said.
Murray wouldn't be drawn on when the baby is due to be born, but he said Kim would be supporting him at Wimbledon over the next fortnight.
"She'll be coming to Wimbledon. And we found out a while ago. But I'm not interested in discussing the dates of that in here," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan Hopes Things Get Better in China Amid Coronavirus Outbreak, Shares Video
- Tyson Fury Seen Licking Deontay Wilder's Blood During Fight, Fans are Grossed Out
- India vs Australia, FIH Hockey Pro League 2020 HIGHLIGHTS: India Beat Australia in Penalty Shootout
- Bhutan's PM Urges Every Citizen to Adopt 'Stray Dogs' as Birthday 'Gift' to its King
- Ahead of Festival, Indian-American Entrepreneur Launches 'Holi Ghee' to Pay Homage to Desi Sweets