Anish Bhanwala Wins Gold, India Continue Domination in Junior Shooting World Cup
16-year-old Anish Bhanwala won the gold medal in 25m rapid fire pistol competition.
Anish Bhanwala. (Photo Credit: PTI)
New Delhi: Anish Bhanwala Wednesday claimed the gold medal in 25m rapid fire pistol competition to continue India's dominance in the ISSF Junior World Cup in Suhl, Germany.
Bhanwala topped the qualification with 584 and shot 29 in the final to finish on top of the podium.
There were two other Indians in the final -- Adarsh Singh, who came fourth with a score of 17, while Agneya Kaushik finished sixth with nine points.
Russian Egor Ismakov won the silver medal in the event with 23, while Florian Peter of Germany bagged bronze with 19.
India have so far won eight gold, seven silver and three bronze medals in the tournament.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone's Candid Pic with Fan Leads to 'Who is Dressed Better' Question
- Salman Khan Promises Tatkal Ticket to Finale in Bigg Boss 13 Promo
- Netflix Teases Breaking Bad Film 'El Camino' Sans Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul
- Scarlett Johansson Tops Forbes List of the Highest-paid Actresses
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce