'Are You Muslim?' Official Asks Boxer Muhammad Ali's Son at Airport
A lawyer says the son of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali was detained by immigration officials at a Florida airport.
Muhammad Ali Junior (in left corner).
Fort Lauderdale (US): A lawyer says the son of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali was detained by immigration officials at a Florida airport.
Chris Mancini tells the Courier-Journal in Louisville, Kentucky that 44-year-old Muhammad Ali Jr and his mother Khalilah Camacho-Ali, the second wife of Muhammad Ali, arrived at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport on February 7 after returning from Jamaica.
Mancini says officials questioned Ali Jr for nearly two hours, repeatedly asking him, "Where did you get your name from?" and "Are you Muslim?"
Mancini says officials continued questioning Ali Jr after acknowledging that he was Muslim. Ali Jr was born in Philadelphia and holds a US passport.
US Customs and Border Protection officials say they "cannot discuss individual travelers; however, all international travelers arriving in the US are subject to CBP inspection."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hyderabad Encounter: Petition Filed in NHRC Seeking Autopsy of Bodies of the Rape Accused
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- Alia Bhatt is So Successful as She Didn't Inherit a Genetic Flaw from Our Father, Says Pooja Bhatt
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report