'Are You Muslim?' Official Asks Boxer Muhammad Ali's Son at Airport
A lawyer says the son of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali was detained by immigration officials at a Florida airport.
Muhammad Ali Junior (in left corner).
Fort Lauderdale (US): A lawyer says the son of legendary boxer Muhammad Ali was detained by immigration officials at a Florida airport.
Chris Mancini tells the Courier-Journal in Louisville, Kentucky that 44-year-old Muhammad Ali Jr and his mother Khalilah Camacho-Ali, the second wife of Muhammad Ali, arrived at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport on February 7 after returning from Jamaica.
Mancini says officials questioned Ali Jr for nearly two hours, repeatedly asking him, "Where did you get your name from?" and "Are you Muslim?"
Mancini says officials continued questioning Ali Jr after acknowledging that he was Muslim. Ali Jr was born in Philadelphia and holds a US passport.
US Customs and Border Protection officials say they "cannot discuss individual travelers; however, all international travelers arriving in the US are subject to CBP inspection."
Recommended For You
- AIFF Responds After I-League Clubs Threaten to Move Court if ISL Gets Top Division Status
- WhatsApp Working on New Update to Improve Photo Sharing Experience
- Motorola Moto E6 Alleged Renders Reveal Textured Back Panel, Single Camera Module
- Audio Technica M50xBT Review: If You Are Serious About Music, These Headphones Cannot be Missed
- Vodafone RED Family Plans Priced Rs 598 Onwards Offer Bill Guarantee And One Mobile Bill For an Entire Family
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s