Ashleigh Barty Fit for China Open after Calf Problem at Wuhan
Ashleigh Barty said she is ready to play at the Chian Open after she had suffered calf injury during the Wuhan Open.
Ashleigh Barty (Image: Twitter)
Beijing: Ashleigh Barty said Sunday that she expects to be fit for this week's China Open after the Australian world number one struggled with a calf problem in Wuhan.
The 23-year-old lost to eventual champion Aryna Sabalenka in Friday's semi-final at the Wuhan Open and needed treatment on her left calf halfway through the second set.
The French Open champion, the top seed in Beijing this week, said: "I haven't been on court since my match in Wuhan.
"We'll look to get on court this afternoon (for practice) and kind of test it out.
"From how it's been going, it's been marginally better than we expected, which is good.
"I'm sure that we'll have no issue. It's just about now ticking the boxes and making sure it's alright to go."
Barty has a bye in the first round in Beijing.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Truecaller Makes a Big Privacy Pitch as Focus on Instant Messaging Intensifies
- Gautam Kumar Jha Becomes Third Crorepati on KBC, Quits at Rs 7 Crore Question
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones
- Here's Why Aishwarya Rai is a Good Choice for the Hindi Version of Maleficent 2
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works