Ashleigh Barty Tops End-of-season WTA Rankings, Leads Karolina Pliskova by Almost 2000 Points
Ashleigh Barty leads Karolina Pliskova in second by nearly 2000 points as the WTA rankings were updated on Monday.
Ashleigh Barty (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Paris: Ashleigh Barty of Australia tops the end of season women's tennis rankings released Monday, a day after her triumph in the WTA Finals in Shenzhen, China.
With 7,851 points, Barty, who has topped the rankings since early September, eclipsed second-placed Karolina Pliskova (5,940 points) by almost 2,000 points.
Naomi Osaka (5,497) held on to third place from Simona Halep, who moved up one spot to fourth on 5.462 points.
Barty dominated Elina Svitolina in Sunday's final in Shenzhen, winning 6-4, 6-3 to collect the richest prize in women's tennis of $4.4 million (4m euros).
Svitolina rose two places to sixth in the rankings while Kiki Bertens moved up one to ninth at the expense of Serena Williams who slipped to 10th spot.
Latest WTA rankings:
1. Ashleigh Barty (AUS) 7,851 pts
2. Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 5,940
3. Naomi Osaka (JPN) 5,496
4. Simona Halep (ROU) 5,462 (+1)
5. Bianca Andreescu (CAN) 5,192 (-1)
6. Elina Svitolina (UKR) 5,075 (+2)
7. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 4,776 (-1)
8. Belinda Bencic (SUI) 4,745 (-1)
9. Kiki Bertens (NED) 4,245 (+1)
10. Serena Williams (USA) 3,935 (-1)
11. Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) 3,120 (+3)
12. Johanna Konta (GBR) 2,879 (-1)
13. Madison Keys (USA) 2,767
14. Sofia Kenin (USA) 2,740 (-2)
15. Petra Martic (CRO) 2,617
16. Marketa Vondrousova (CZE) 2,390
17. Elise Mertens (BEL) 2,290 (+1)
18. Alison Riske (USA) 2,210 (+1)
19. Donna Vekic (CRO) 2,205 (+1)
20. Angelique Kerber (GER) 2,175 (-3
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- In Pics: Bachchan Family Celebrates Aaradhya's 8th Birthday
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Review: A Lot of Style And Even More Substance
- Tik-Tok Prepares to Take On Instagram And Facebook With Shopping Links in Posts
- Dad Details How The Noise App on Apple Watch Helped His Son With Autism
- From Jadon Sancho to Erling Haaland, 8 Players Manchester United Want to Sign