Asian Games: India’s Fouaad Mirza Wins Historic Individual Equestrian Medal
India’s Fouaad Mirza finished second in the individual equestrian jumping event at the Asian Games behind Japan’s Oiwa Yoshiaki.
India’s Fouaad Mirza finished second in the individual equestrian jumping event at the Asian Games behind Japan’s Oiwa Yoshiaki, to hand the country its first individual medal in the sport at the Asian Games since 1982.
Mirza won the silver medal with a score of 26.40, and was in line to win the gold till his very last run.
Before Mirza began his routine, Yoshiaki had completed his routine without any penalty points, ending with a score of 22.70. However, the Indian would have still finished at the top spot if he went through it without any knock-downs.
Unfortunately, his horse knocked down the bars on one occasion, handing the Indian four penalty points – still enough to see him finish with the silver.
China’s Hua Tian Alex finished in third position to win the bronze medal, with a score of 27.10.
India have also won the silver medal in the equestrian team event, with Rakesh Kumar, Ashish Malik and Jitender Singh being the other members of the team apart from Mirza.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber
- Hrithik Roshan, Sussanne Khan Step Out Together for Sunday Brunch with Kids, See Pics
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 14 Written Update: Salman Khan Eliminates Koena Mitra on Weekend Ka Vaar
- Bigg Boss 13: Salman Khan Announces Sidharth Shukla to be Rashami Desai's Slave, She Refuses
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury