Asian Games: Rowers Add Gold, Bronze After Opening Day Shockers
After a forgettable Thursday, India’s rowers bounced back on Friday morning kickstarting the medal rush, with three medals, including a gold.
Indian Rowers in action.
First, Dushyant Singh bagged bronze in the Men’s Lightweight Sculls clocking 7:18:76. The next medal came soon after, with Rohit Kumar and Bhagwan Singh’s bronze in the Men’s Lightweight Doubles Sculls. But the best news of the morning came from the Men’s Quadruple Sculls where India finished ahead of Indonesia and Thailand.
BRONZE for Dushyant!— SAIMedia (@Media_SAI) August 24, 2018
Many congratulations to our rower Dushyant for securing ain the Men’s Lightweight Singles Sculls event with a timing of 7:18:76 at #AsianGames2018.
This is Dushyant’s 2nd #AsianGames medal.#AsianGames2018 #Rowing #IndiaAtAsianGames #KheloIndia #SAI pic.twitter.com/Zxp7HgkUr0
The Indian team comprising Dattu Baban Bhokanal, Sawarn Singh, Om Prakash and Sukhmeet Singh clocked 6:17:13 to bag the yellow metal and put away all of yesterday’s sorrows. Redemption certainly for Bhokanal who had a disastrous outing on Thursday in the Men’s Single Sculls where he failed to finish the race and ended last after a bizarre elementary mistake of forgetting to lock his oar gate.
India have traditionally done well in rowing at the Asian Games, and today’s comeback show re-establishes that supremacy for sure. The rowers added a fifth gold to India’s medals tally.
Recommended For You
- News18 Immersive | From Ordinary Extra to Extraordinary: How BJP Broke the Kashmir Jinx
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Wins the Weekend Round Against Manto, Earns Rs 23.26 Cr
- Bigg Boss 12 Day 8 Written Updates: First Captains of the Season Kriti and Roshmi Punished For Breaking House Rules
- Royal Enfield Continental GT, Interceptor 650 Twins to Launch on 26th September, Delivers Mileage of 25.5Kmpl
- We Like to Play on Autopilot - Dhawan, Rohit Recall Record Partnership