Asian Games: Rowers Add Gold, Bronze After Opening Day Shockers
After a forgettable Thursday, India’s rowers bounced back on Friday morning kickstarting the medal rush, with three medals, including a gold.
Indian Rowers in action.
First, Dushyant Singh bagged bronze in the Men’s Lightweight Sculls clocking 7:18:76. The next medal came soon after, with Rohit Kumar and Bhagwan Singh’s bronze in the Men’s Lightweight Doubles Sculls. But the best news of the morning came from the Men’s Quadruple Sculls where India finished ahead of Indonesia and Thailand.
BRONZE for Dushyant!— SAIMedia (@Media_SAI) August 24, 2018
Many congratulations to our rower Dushyant for securing ain the Men’s Lightweight Singles Sculls event with a timing of 7:18:76 at #AsianGames2018.
This is Dushyant’s 2nd #AsianGames medal.#AsianGames2018 #Rowing #IndiaAtAsianGames #KheloIndia #SAI pic.twitter.com/Zxp7HgkUr0
The Indian team comprising Dattu Baban Bhokanal, Sawarn Singh, Om Prakash and Sukhmeet Singh clocked 6:17:13 to bag the yellow metal and put away all of yesterday’s sorrows. Redemption certainly for Bhokanal who had a disastrous outing on Thursday in the Men’s Single Sculls where he failed to finish the race and ended last after a bizarre elementary mistake of forgetting to lock his oar gate.
India have traditionally done well in rowing at the Asian Games, and today’s comeback show re-establishes that supremacy for sure. The rowers added a fifth gold to India’s medals tally.
Recommended For You
- Ranbir Kapoor Accompanying Alia Bhatt to a Doctor Will Give You Major Relationship Goals
- India vs Australia: CricViz Analysis - Are India Selecting their Best T20 Team?
- Be Unapologetically Sexy: Watch Kareena Kapoor’s Rousing Monologue at Her Radio Show Launch
- Bigg Boss 12: Dipika Kakar's Husband & Shrishty Rode's Fiancé Get Into Social Media Brawl
- Jio Effect: BSNL Rs 1699 Prepaid Plan With One Year Validity Now Offers 4.21GB Data Per Day