Atletico Defender Diego Godin Loses Three Teeth in Nasty Collision
Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godin lost three of his teeth after being caught full in the face by Valencia goalkeeper Neto during Sunday's La Liga encounter, his club said
Twitter/ B/R Football
Madrid: Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godin lost three of his teeth after being caught full in the face by Valencia goalkeeper Neto during Sunday's La Liga encounter, his club said.
Atletico, who won the game 1-0 at the Wanda Metropolitano, said the Uruguayan centre-back would undergo surgery in the coming days after having three of his upper teeth knocked out. They did not say how long he would be absent.
Godin was cleaned out by Neto as the two went up for a high ball following an Antoine Griezmann free-kick. He was taken off bleeding heavily after the incident, which happened early in the second half.
Angel Correa scored the goal for Atletico, who are second in La Liga, nine points behind leaders Barcelona.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- How PM Modi Overtook Donald Trump and Became the Second-Most Followed Leader on Social Media
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations