Atletico's Bare Banned for Nine Games for Abusing Referee
Atletico Madrid midfielder Keidi Bare was banned for nine matches on Wednesday after repeatedly abusing an official during a match for the club’s B team.
Madrid: Atletico Madrid midfielder Keidi Bare was banned for nine matches on Wednesday after repeatedly abusing an official during a match for the club’s B team.
The Albanian, who has played twice for Atletico’s first team in the King’s Cup this season, was booked for dissent 14 minutes into the B side’s 4-1 defeat by Deportivo La Coruna on Sunday, then sent off as he continued to remonstrate with referee Jose Joaquin Gallego Gambin.
“At the end of the first half, when we tried to enter our dressing-room the player was found in the doorway, referring to us in the same terms as before on repeated occasions,” the referee said in his report. Bare will sit out one match for accumulation of yellow cards and eight for his behaviour, meaning he will miss the team’s push for promotion from Segunda Division B.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Bajaj Discover Modified into a Cafe Racer Can Challenge The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
- PV Sindhu Overcomes Tai Tzu Ying to Reach World Badminton Championships Semi-finals
- Sai Praneeth Guarantees 1st Men's Singles World Championships Medal Since 1983
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- First Details of The OnePlus TV Confirmed: It Will Have a 55-Inch QLED Panel