ATP Paris Masters: Rohan Bopanna-Denis Shapovalov Bow Out in Quarters
Rohan Bopanna, along with partner Denis Shapovalov, lost to Karen Khachanov and Andrey Rublov of Russia to crash out of the ATP Paris Masters.
File photo of Rohan Bopanna. (Photo Credit: Reuters)
Paris: India's top doubles player Rohan Bopanna, along with his partner Denis Shapovalov of Canada, suffered a narrow defeat against Russian duo of Karen Khachanov and Andrey Rublov in the quarter-finals to crash out of the Paris Masters here.
The Indo-Canadian duo fought hard for over 80 minutes before losing 5-7, 7-6, 8-10 against the Russian pair to bow out of the ATP Masters 1000 tournament.
Bopanna and Shapovalov produced 10 aces but they also committed three double faults during the match.
The Indo-Canadian pair saved four out of seven breakpoints and converted both the chances that came their way.
Bopanna and Shapovalov had defeated the American Manuel Gonzalez and Argentine's Austin Krajicek in the pre-quarterfinals.
The Russian pair will now take on the Slovakian-Croatian combination of Filip Polasek and Ivan Dodig in the semifinal.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Poonam Pandey in an Ugly Legal Battle with Shilpa Shetty's Husband Raj Kundra, Case Reaches High Court
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Snapped with The Great Khali at Airport, See Pic
- Indians Are Googling Where to Download 'Teri Mitti' After 'Apna Time Aayega' Wins Filmfare
- Rangoli Chandel Lashes Out at Alia, Ananya, Karan Post Kangana Ranaut's Snub at Filmfare
- We Finally Know Why There is no Instagram App For The Apple iPad, Just Yet