Australian Open 2017 Champion Roger Federer Back in Top 10
Roger Federer has climbed back into the ATP top 10 on the strength of his epic 18th Grand Slam title at the Australian Open.
Roger Federer. (Getty Images)
Paris: Roger Federer has climbed back into the ATP top 10 on the strength of his epic 18th Grand Slam title at the Australian Open.
The 35-year-old Swiss great defied old rival Rafael Nadal on Sunday in a thrilling five-setter in Melbourne to move up seven spots to 10th in the latest rankings released on Monday.
Nadal, beaten 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 3-6, 6-3, moved up three places to sixth in the list still dominated by early Australian Open victims Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic.
Stan Wawrinka, defeated in the semis last week by Federer, is up one in third.
Germany's Mischa Zverev, who upset Murray in the fourth round in Melbourne, soared 15 places to 35th, his best ever ranking.
Zverev's teenaged brother Alexander climbed two rungs to 22nd after making it to the third round where he lost to Nadal.
Latest ATP rankings on Monday, January 30
1. Andy Murray (GBR) 11.540 pts
2. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 9.825
3. Stan Wawrinka (SUI) 5.695 (+1)
4. Milos Raonic (CAN) 4.930 (-1)
5. Kei Nishikori (JPN) 4.830
6. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 4.385 (+3)
7. Marin Cilic (CRO) 3.560
8. Dominic Thiem (AUT) 3.505
9. Gaël Monfils (FRA) 3.445 (-3)
10. Roger Federer (SUI) 3.260 (+7)
11. David Goffin (BEL) 2.930
12. Tomas Berdych (CZE) 2.790 (-2)
13. Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) 2.765 (+2)
14. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) 2.685 (-2)
15. Nick Kyrgios (AUS) 2.415 (-2)
16. Roberto Bautista (ESP) 2.350 (-2)
17. Lucas Pouille (FRA) 2.131 (-1)
18. Richard Gasquet (FRA) 1.975
19. Ivo Karlovic (CRO) 1.875 (+2)
20. Jack Sock (USA) 1.855
22. Alexander Zverev (GER) 1.735 (+2)
35. Mischa Zverev (GER) 1.238 (+15)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Streaming Now: 13 Reasons Why You Should Watch Man Vs Wild Featuring PM Modi on Netflix
- No, You Aren’t Supposed to Do That: Saif Ali Khan to Paparazzi
- NASA’s Next Moon Landing Will be Powered by The Aitken Supercomputer Made by HP
- 'Choked' by Husband’s Extreme Love and Affection, UAE Woman Seeks Divorce
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones