Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
LIVE TV DownloadNews18 App
News18 English
News18 » Sports
1-min read

Awaiting ITF Decision on Davis Cup Venue against Pakistan: Mahesh Bhupathi

Mahesh Bhupathi, non-playing captain of the Indian Davis Cup team, said that they will be waiting till November 4 for ITF to change the venue for Pakitan clash.

IANS

Updated:October 15, 2019, 3:06 PM IST
facebookTwitter Pocket whatsapp
Awaiting ITF Decision on Davis Cup Venue against Pakistan: Mahesh Bhupathi
India vs Pakistan in the Dais Cup.

Kolkata: Non-playing captain Mahesh Bhupathi has revealed that India will wait till November 4 for the International Tennis Federation (ITF) to possibly change the venue of their Davis Cup tie against Pakistan after expressing reluctance to travel to the neighbouring country.

According to well placed sources, the deteriorating relationship between the two countries is their main concern and the Indian players have written to the AITA requesting them to change the venue.

The AITA will now write to the ITF asking them to change the venue.

"We are waiting for ITF decision on venue by November 4," Bhupathi told IANS on Tuesday.

In September, ITF had said that the tie will take place either on November 29-30 or November 30-December 1 in Islamabad.

However, there will be a review of the security situation on November 4 to decide if the Asia/Oceania Group I tie will take place in Islamabad or it can be shifted to a neutral venue.

The tie was originally scheduled for September 14-15 in Islamabad. But due to security reasons, the Davis Cup committee had to postpone it to November.

India were all set to go to Pakistan before relations between the two countries deteriorated in the aftermath of the abrogation of Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir which granted the state special status.

The ITF had previously turned down India's security concerns before finally settling for a discussion on the matter.

Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.

Read full article
Next Story
Next Story

facebookTwitter Pocket whatsapp

Live TV

Countdown To Elections Results
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results