Bajrang Punia to Tie the Knot with Sangeeta Phogat
Bajrang Punia and Sangeeta Phogat, the youngest of the sisters, are set to get married after 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Bajrang Punia and Sangeeta Phogat (Photo Credut: Twitter and PTI)
Chandigarh: World number one wrestler Bajrang Punia will soon tie the knot with grappler Sangeeta, youngest of the Phogat sisters, family sources said on Thursday.
The wedding ceremony is likely to take place after the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo.
Bajrang, the 65-kg category wrestler, and Sangeeta -- who is a former national medalist in the 59-kg weight category, -- have communicated to their families their decision to marry, a member of the Phogat family told IANS.
Sangeeta's father Mahavir Singh told the media that it was the wish of the children and "we respect their feelings".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- First Details of The OnePlus TV Confirmed: It Will Have a 55-Inch QLED Panel
- India vs West Indies 2019: Gavaskar 'Astonished' by Ashwin Exclusion
- India Women's Football Team to Play Two Friendlies Against Uzbekistan
- Kia Seltos Launched in India, Gets Special Twitter Icon as a Red SUV
- Not Just a Dropped Pin: Spacewalking Scientists Add Parking Spot to International Space Station